Friday, October 31, 2003

My last day....

Well, i'm here finally on my last day in this godawful job. And i'm elegiac. I'm sat twiddling my thumbs because even though i've only been given three days to get all the work done for the training programmes up to christmas, i've done it all anyway. The story is a long one....

I handed my notice in on Friday which went really well. I was thanked for my honesty in expressing that there was someone out there more capable at the telesales aspect of my job. On Monday i found out that they wanted me to get everything done and leave on November the 7th, they asked me if that was okay. Hmm... thought for all of a millisecond and said YEAH!!!

On Wednesday morning i left an answerphone message stating i would be an hour or so late as i was getting my haircut. (The MD does the same when getting his haircut and they call me senior management so i thought Hey!) When i arrived in work there was a letter on my desk telling me i was leaving this friday and that i would still be paid up to this Friday, even though i'd behaved impolitely and unprofessionally. Now anyone reading his knows me and thats like a red rag to a bull.

I wrote a letter to the old cunt who sent me that one. He's 66 claims to be a Film Director of international reputation (as in he once when he was younger worked with some famous people, i mean ever heard of John Sichel??? I doubt it.) but he's just a grumpy old cunt with an out of date TV and Theatre training centre on his doorstep. No one stands up to him, no one. So i did.

The letter merely apologised for my behaviour saying that i was acting as i had seen others behave, and that i recognised and accepted the new

No comments: