Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Madness, madness they call it madness.

As my friend James points out on his blog, he advert banner above changes to fit with what has been written. What scares me is there are no adverts above mine. It says this blank space brought to you by google Arf! Arf!

I had a lovely meal in a place called El Piano in York last night. One of my brothers friends, and in turn my friend is leaving (again) to live in the big smoke, so he'd organised a bit of a celebration. He'd booked the moroccan room, which was great. Cushions on the floor, low tables, musical instruments, those things over the window (carved wood flaps) whatever they are and a wonderful selection of vegetarian food. They'd provided forks but eating with fingers was better. I bought a bottle of wine for £6.99, i haven't paid that much for a bottle of wine for ages. Not that it's a lot of money, but more than i'd usually pay. It was a Shiraz Cabernet which was delicious and went with the food beautifully.

I had a really enjoyable time, it was a group of people who'd never (all) met each other, so the conversation was very good. But there was the part of me, before i left the house, that kept telling me to stay in and be bored. I am my own worst enemy. The walk to the restaurant was lovely there was a clear sky, the Minster standing tall on the skyline and a comfortable temperature for walking. Delightful.

Oh. It's time for me to go home. Thank f**k.

No comments: