Friday, August 29, 2003

A Good Good Morning to you All

Hello, i imagine you came here after following the link out of the email i sent you? I do hope so. There's not much here as yet, i only started it yesterday. But what there is please enjoy. If you know me, none of it will come as a surprise, except for the odd few sentences that still amaze me. The extract below will one day end up in a book, i intend to write one about the modern world and how it will be the death of the human race if we don't get our arses into gear. When i heard that in Britain alone we produce 50,000 new cars a year, i nearly died. What the F**k is the Point?

But thats by the by. I had my second band practice last night. It was great. Luke on Bass, John the drummer, me shouting and screaming and our friend Andy embarrasing me on the guitar. You'd be amazed, i know i was. I've actually found a really good reason for living, my new job bites, which is upsetting me a great deal, but playing music live is incredible. We could get on stage now and still wow people, but we're gonna jam a hell of a lot more before that! Though i will let you know when it's happening, so you can all come see me.

One particular song works so well, it will make you wanna dance, like Fool's Gold (yeah right...)

Here's the words:

The Cloudbank has no deposit to make today/The Sun tingles on my arms like it's been so long away
Do I miss the melancholy of all those rainy days/Or is it just your beauty, that keeps me in a daze

To want to give love
Is to want to keep on living
To get love back is why we're born

Never one to enjoy feeling without purpose/Freedom got to run deeper than the surface
The names we give things so untrue and unstable/The truth is something we can never ever label

To want to give love
Is to want to keep on living
To get love back is why we're born

No comments: